Travel with confidence
Prepared for the Air
We’re here to make your travel journey easier. From the time you plan your trip until you arrive at your destination, we have everything you need in one place.
Book with confidence
- Find the latest travel and health regulations by destination with our travel tool.
- Enjoy greater travel flexibility – including no change fees for most tickets.
Check and complete trip requirements
Access the Ready to Fly hub in the free American app or by viewing your trip online to:
- Review your international trip requirements and testing information
- Upload your travel and health documents to VeriFLY™
- Receive your clearance to fly
Travel with ease
Use the American app to manage your travel on the go.
- Check in for your flight
- Access your boarding pass
- Access travel and health documents
- Track your bag
- And more
Our Clean Commitment
We’re committed to giving you peace of mind when you travel. That’s why we’re the first airline to achieve GBAC STAR™ Accreditation from the Global Biorisk Advisory Council. This ensures we have the proper procedures to respond to biological threats like COVID-19.
Here’s more of what you can expect:
- PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer dispensers are available in select locations before and after security.
- Similar to hospital standards, HEPA filters on all mainline and most regional aircraft refresh the cabin air every 2 to 4 minutes.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to recommend that people wear a face mask in indoor public transportation settings, but they aren’t required to be worn in airport settings or on your flight unless an individual jurisdiction has these requirements.
We recommend checking the cities / countries you’re traveling to / through / from for the latest updates and travel requirements.
We clean and sanitize high-touch surfaces in the airport, like kiosks, ticket counters and seating areas. On our planes, we deep clean tray tables, seatbelt buckles, armrests, window shades, seatback screens, doors and overhead bin handles.
To limit interaction, you can scan your boarding pass at the kiosk to automatically print your bag tags at most U.S. airports. At our clubs, show your card or scan your boarding pass to enter. And during boarding, you can scan your own mobile or printed boarding pass.
The airline industry is complex, and our short American Minute videos help make it easier to understand.
HEPA filters on American
Clean air is a hot topic at American. But here's the thing, HEPA filters have been purifying aircraft cabin air since the '90s. Hear from Flight Attendant Jacqueline Brown as she shows you the ins-and-outs of how HEPA filters function on our flights.