Flagship® Lounge terms and conditions
Updated September 14, 2021
- By entering any Flagship® Lounge, you affirmatively acknowledge and agree that these terms and conditions are a binding agreement between you and American Airlines (“American”). Accordingly, please review this agreement carefully.
- Entry into and use of any Flagship® Lounge is subject to all rules, terms and conditions set by American, including, without limitation, all policies set forth in these terms and conditions. AMERICAN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY ANY OR ALL RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. SUCH MODIFICATIONS SHALL BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY AND INCORPORATED INTO THIS AGREEMENT. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF ANY FLAGSHIP® LOUNGE SHALL BE DEEMED AN ACCEPTANCE THEREOF.
- American and the Flagship® Lounges are not responsible for products or services separately offered by third parties and made available at any Flagship® Lounge.
- A customer must hold a same-day ticket for airline travel on an eligible flight that allows clearance through security and access to the Flagship® Lounge. Eligible customers must have access to the American terminal or concourse in order to use the lounge at that location. Gate passes will not be issued.
- Customers must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age to visit a Flagship® Lounge with a self-service bar, unless accompanied by an adult who is at least twenty-one (21). Local age laws and regulations apply in non-U.S. Flagship® Lounges.
- Customers who may access a Flagship® Lounge include customers traveling in a first or business class cabin on qualifying international or transcontinental flights or other qualifying domestic flights marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline, AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, Platinum and Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan™ MVP Gold 75K and MVP Gold customers traveling on a qualifying international flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin), ConciergeKey℠ members traveling the same day on any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin), and oneworld® Emerald℠ and Sapphire℠ members traveling on any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin). AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum customers traveling solely on North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship® Lounge access.
- Customers who are eligible to access the Flagship® Lounge and who are traveling in a first class cabin on a qualifying flight, or are eligible to access the Flagship® Lounge as a result of their AAdvantage status or status as a oneworld® Emerald or Sapphire member, are permitted to bring one (1) guest into the Flagship® Lounge (children over two (2) count as guests). Customers who are eligible to access the Flagship® Lounge as a result of their ConciergeKey status are permitted to bring their immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under eighteen (18) or up to two (2) guests. All other qualifying customers are not permitted to bring guests.
- Flagship® Lounge customers are required to present their boarding pass for same-day travel on an eligible flight, and a government issued photo ID to a representative of American or the Flagship® Lounge for admittance to any Flagship® Lounge. In addition to the foregoing, customers who are eligible to access the Flagship® Lounge as a result of their AAdvantage status are required to present their AAdvantage frequent flyer card or AAdvantage number. Failure to present the above may result in admission being denied.
- A customer with a same-day ticket on American or a oneworld® airline in the first class cabin on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight automatically has access to Flagship® First Dining, located within certain select Flagship® Lounges.
- Certain eligible customers who are not flying on American or a oneworld® airline in the first class cabin on qualifying international or transcontinental flights may access Flagship® First Dining for a fee.
- A Flagship® First dining pass provides access to the holder and his or her immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18) or up to two guests. The pass is non-transferrable and can’t be combined with another offer.
- Airline, airport, and industry employees are not permitted access while in uniform (this includes employees of other airlines, private and corporate aircraft, and charter carriers).
- Not all American origin and destination locations have a Flagship® Lounge. Please be sure to check for information on our Flagship® Lounge locations.
- Flagship® Lounge hours may vary by location and are subject to change.
- Use of lounge facilities is subject to all rules and conditions set by American. American reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.
Single Visit Pass
- A Flagship® Lounge Single Visit Pass (“Flagship Pass”) is only available at select Flagship® Lounge locations and is subject to availability based on Flagship® Lounge capacity. Flagship Passes are valid for a single use at the Flagship® Lounge location at which such Flagship Pass was purchased, and valid only on the date of such purchase. Flagship Passes are marked as used upon registration and entry into a Flagship® Lounge. Flagship Passes may only be purchased by customers twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Flagship Passes are non-refundable, non-changeable and non-transferable. A Flagship Pass is only valid for use by the named Flagship Pass holder as printed on the Flagship Pass.
- Flagship Pass holders are required to present their boarding pass for same-day travel on an eligible flight, the Flagship Pass or confirmation of a Flagship Pass purchase (email or AAdvantage® wallet application) and a government issued photo ID to a representative of American or the Flagship® Lounge for admittance.
- Flagship Pass holders are not permitted to bring guests.
- American expressly reserves the right in its absolute discretion to discontinue the Flagship Pass program at any time, to adjust pricing, or to refuse to sell a Flagship Pass to any specific customer and, if sold, to cancel a Flagship Pass, and deny any purchaser or visitor access to, or use of, any Flagship® Lounge. American will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by a purchaser or visitor resulting from such refusal, cancellation, or denial.
- Entry into and use of any Flagship® Lounge is subject to all rules, terms and conditions set by American.
- During your visit to a Flagship® Lounge, American requires that your attire and conduct are consistent with a professional environment.
- American asks that you maintain a quiet environment within each Flagship® Lounge and to step outside with any crying or disruptive children or guests.
- As a courtesy to other guests, please wear headphones when using personal devices such as MP3 players, video games, or DVD players, and refrain from using the speaker feature on any personal devise, including cellular telephones.
- Smoking cigarettes, pipes or cigars (including electronic products), chewing tobacco, and the use of smokeless tobacco are prohibited inside Flagship® Lounges.
- American reserves the right to refuse to provide alcoholic beverages to any guest who appears to be intoxicated or is otherwise unruly.
- Complimentary food, alcoholic beverages and periodicals provided by Flagship® Lounges are for consumption and use inside the Flagship® Lounge only and may not be removed.
- Airport luggage carts are not permitted inside Flagship® Lounges.
- Carry-on pets are welcome in Flagship® Lounges, provided they remain in their kennels. Service animals are also permitted. Read our policy for traveling with carry-on pets and service animals, which apply to Flagship® Lounge visits and are incorporated herein.
- Families with small children and nursing mothers may use family rooms in Flagship® Lounges, where available.
- Any conduct that is deemed by American to be inappropriate, undignified, disruptive, abusive or violent is prohibited, and American reserves the right to remove any customer for such conduct.
Use of information you provide American Airlines
While American takes reasonable steps to safeguard and prevent unauthorized access to your private information, American cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and American makes no warranty, express, implied, or otherwise, that it will prevent unauthorized access to your private information. IN NO EVENT SHALL AMERICAN OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (WHETHER CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, A THIRD PARTY‘S UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT OR OTHER THEORIES OF LIABILITY, AND ALSO REGARDLESS OF WHETHER AMERICAN WAS GIVEN ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE NOTICE THAT DAMAGES WERE POSSIBLE.
- Flagship® Lounge space may not be used for solicitation or for the purpose of seeking to solicit airline, airport or industry employees.
- All persons must be of valid drinking age, based on applicable local laws, to consume alcohol within the premises of a Flagship® Lounge.
- American disclaims responsibility for articles lost or stolen in any Flagship® Lounge.
- Flagship® Lounges are operated by American from its offices in the United States. You agree to comply with all local, state, federal, and national laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations that apply to your use of any Flagship® Lounge.
- American reserves the right to take any steps American believes are reasonably necessary or appropriate to (1) enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of this agreement; or (2) protect the safety of its guests. You agree that American has the right, without liability to you, to disclose any registration data and/or account information to law enforcement authorities, government officials, and/or third parties, as American believes is reasonably necessary or appropriate to enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of this agreement.
- American shall not be liable for delays or failure in performance under this agreement caused by acts of God; civil or military authority; war; riots; accidents; fires; explosions; power surges; earthquakes; floods; droughts; unusually severe weather; work stoppage or slowdown; strikes or labor disputes; sabotage; delays in transportation or delivery; epidemics; pandemics; public health emergency of international concern (as defined by the World Health Organization); terrorism or threats of terrorism; national or regional emergency; acts of government, or any similar or dissimilar event that is beyond American’s control.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Agreement shall: (1) require American to operate a Flagship® Lounge or Flagship® First Dining at any particular airport location; or (2) restrict American from discontinuing the operation of any Flagship® First Lounge or Flagship® First Dining location either temporarily or permanently.
- IN NO CASE SHALL AMERICAN OR ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR ADMITTANCE TO OR USE OF A FLAGSHIP® LOUNGE OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM RELATED IN ANY WAY THERETO. BY VIRTUE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU AGREE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD AMERICAN OR ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS OR LICENSORS HARMLESS WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF YOUR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO YOUR ADMITTANCE TO, OR USE OF, A FLAGSHIP® LOUNGE.
- THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAWS PROVISIONS THEREIN AND EXCLUDING THE APPLICATION OF THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS OF 1980. ANY SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING WITH RESPECT TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE BROUGHT IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, COUNTY OF TARRANT, OR IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS, FORT WORTH DIVISION, AND EACH CUSTOMER HEREBY SUBMITS, AND IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY OBJECTION THAT SUCH CUSTOMER MAY NOW OR HEREAFTER HAVE, TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF SUCH COURTS FOR THE PURPOSE OF ANY SUCH SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING. EACH CUSTOMER HEREBY FURTHER IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY CLAIM THAT ANY SUCH SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING BROUGHT IN EITHER SUCH COURT HAS BEEN BROUGHT IN AN INCONVENIENT FORUM.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and American with respect to and governing your use of Flagship® Lounges, superseding any prior agreements between you and American. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions or house rules that may apply when you use affiliate services. If any part of this agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of you and American, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. American’s failure to enforce any right or provision in this agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such or any other provisions. American shall not be responsible for failures to fulfill any obligations due to causes beyond its control.
*Any exceptions to American's policies must be specifically authorized by Flagship® Lounge management or American Airlines, Inc.